POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : contour mapping : Re: contour mapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contour mapping
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 5 Dec 2000 11:56:29
Message: <3a2d1e3d$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Jones wrote in message <3A2D1824.BCC93109@psu.edu>...
>Warp wrote:
> >   Is this what you call a contour map?
> > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/contour.jpg
>
> Warp, that is very close to what I want, but I need (well, _need_ is
> subjective :-) the contours to be 3-dimensional, like tubes or sphere
> sweeps. In my final image, the actual height-field will not be
visible.

he show you proper way
just use gradient y with color map [0 black] [0.9 black][0.9 white][1
white]
and find tool in povray/links or in news/binaries which convert
ouputed image to array in pov
(I don't remeber name nor author)
than run loop which puts sphere on pixels (array entries) different than
black
or use even spline for neighbours

ABX